Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Giving Thanks

For Thanksgiving this year we did something a little different.  It was just 3 of us!! It was kinda strange to not see a table smashed full of plates and cups....we actually added decoration(as seen below haha) to fill the table.  We made all the typical yummy Thanksgiving food: turkey, potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, etc... It took us about 20 minutes to eat and that's it then we looked over at all the food and it barely looked like we put a dent in it! sooo we had a couple turkey sandwiches the next few days.
My contribution to all this food was making the pie crusts....that was it. My amazing mother put together everything else! However I did put a lot of effort and concentration into those pie crusts and they turned out rather well if I do say so myself!

  Later that weekend we had Dan and Jodi and their family come visit and that's when we celebrated another Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I had to work so I didn't get to participate in that one.  But it was definitely great to see them because it has been a while since we've spent more than a couple hours with them. Carson and Briley sure were entertained the entire time since they had kids that played with them constantly! We all loved their visit

Holidays are great because you really think about what you have been blessed with and it gives you an opportunity to give to others in whatever way possible.  One thing I am especially grateful for is my wonderful family. They are so loving, fun, and simply fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment