Thursday, May 29, 2014

Part time model?

Nahhhh just helping out a friend. I love it though! if only I stayed in shape and had an interest in modeling earlier in life and went with it I really think i would like doing it! but as for now i just help out a friend who is building up a photography career and I'm a Guinea pig. When he wants to try something new or just get more pictures for his portfolio i'm more than willing to help him.  He wanted to do a studio shoot aimed more toward fashion photography, but here's the thing: he doesn't have a studio and for this assignment in class he was supposed to use natural lighting. So thats what we did! we created a mini outdoor studio with white sheets and a reflector.  You'd never guess with how the pictures turned out! and obviously since we're outside there's 20 mph winds. Thats nothing new in Idaho;)  He had a friend who runs a beauty blog do my hair and makeup and all i had to do was stand there and look pretty. Its harder than you think, especially since I'm not built like a typical skinny model but it's still fun and he was happy with the results so i was happy to do it. Of course these are amateur and I can definitely find ways to improve but it's a fun memory. 


ok to be totally honest I love this last shot. It just fits my personality a tad better:)
PS Ingrid Michaelson's new album Lights Out is SUBLIME!
Here's one of my faves, Afterlife:

No comments:

Post a Comment