Friday, February 10, 2012

Country Dancing

It seems like every night of the week there is something fun to do! Two weeks ago Kambrie went to country dancing and said it was the funnest thing ever!! so this last Wednesday I went ahead and tried it out because I thought it would be one heck of a hoedown throw-down.  Annnnnd it was! Country dancing was super fun and I'm probably going to be making it a regular activity in my schedule.  Given I definitely need more practice, like a crazy amount of practice. Especially on the 'dipping' -- I'm absolutely TERRIBLE at that.  I wonder if I have trust issues.....haha.  But yes country dancing is an enjoyable activity and I'd want to try out other styles sometime too.


Earlier this last week, on Monday, my Family Home Evening Group went to the ice skating rink.  I had no idea that it was literally across the street!  Some of our group didn't come because of other things they had planned that night, but it was fun to get to know the ones who came even better! I can't say that I am a pro (or anything even remotely close) at ice skating. In fact I can hardly go faster than a turtle would go on skates. Besides that though it was exhilarating and cold as always in Rexburg!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you remember when I would come home and try to teach you and mom how to dance. I was trying to get you prepared for COUNTRY DANCING. I am glad you are going and make sure you keep it a tradition. It was a lot of fun. Don't worry about the dip. They should only do it once per song.

    By the way. I am sure you will get a post by Bonnie. She about peed her pants with excitement that you are going dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT HAVE WE BEEN TELLING YOU, WOMAN?!?!?! I truly am glad you had an enjoyable first experience - keep it up :) College is da bomb.

    ReplyDelete