Monday, June 17, 2013

One of those tender mercies

This spring semester i brought my bike up and its the first time i've had a bike here at school, i used to just temporarily borrow bikes in the past. But i LOVE short bike rides around town just for the fun of it or if its a hot sunny day make a pitstop at snowasis then the park. (or kerianne's which is italian ice and custard.....so. darn. delicious). This semester i've been on my fair share of bike rides and i can never get enough whether it's at midnight around campus or in the evening with my apartment.  So one saturday i wanted to enjoy the nice weather so i went to go on a bike ride. See the thing is i had never locked up my bike yet and it's managed to stay on the bike rack until this saturday morning. I was devastated.  my bike was gone! someone stole it. I was hoping that someone was just temporarily borrowing it like i used to do with bikes in the past haha but after looking into it and checking up my bike was gone. Good news was that i borrowed my roommates snazzy bike and still got to go on that bike ride. 2 weeks passed and after constant checking hoping that my bike would show up, it still wasn't there but i had gotten the word out that it was stolen.  i was up visiting a friend at her apartment and as i was leaving i glance over at the bike rack having a small sense of hope that it might be there. I scanned the bikes and i thought i saw it. i kinda got really excited and got my hopes up super high but i had to stay somewhat sane after all i was in public and it was still possible that it wasn't my bike. I ran downstairs to the rack and got a closer look. MY BIKE WAS RETURNED!!!! I had been praying not that my bike would just be found but that whoever took it would have a change of heart and in a way feel guilty that they took something that did not belong to them. But i was aware that i may not ever see it again and was working hard to forgive whoever took it.  I find it a miracle that after it being gone not just for a day or two but for a solid couple weeks that it was returned.  I couldn't thank my Heavenly Father enough for being so kind to answer my silly prayer but He knows just how happy my bike and those bike rides make me:) I want to remember this forever, it is an example in my own life of how prayers can be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment