Sunday, September 4, 2011

Food for Thought

I love Sundays mostly due to naps, Skype-ing distant family, and of course the wonderful things I learn at church.  Today in Relief Society we had a lesson on trials, prayer, and enduring life because Life is Hard.  Our adorable teacher was so scared to give the lesson but she did a fantastic job and she even had a great recent experience to share that went along with the lesson.  So from this lesson I found some statements that are timeless and we can always remember no matter what stage in life we are at.
  • Endure:  (verb) to suffer or bear patiently.
  • "Sometimes the Lord calms the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child."-John H. Groberg
  • First pray for your desired blessing, second pray for understanding


I am so blessed to know of a gospel that has taught me I can communicate with my Heavenly Father.  He can make miracles happen or he will let you Endure trials, whichever one happens one thing is for sure: He knows what is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment